The Incident Management and Enforcement Unit (IMEU) investigates any report of a serious reportable incident (SRI). SRIs are incidents that are significant or severe enough to require immediate emergency response. Reportable Incidents (RI) are also significant, but are considered more minor incidents and do not warrant a formal investigation by IMEU.
The following are some examples of SRIs:
- inappropriate use of approved restraints that results in injury
- missing persons
- repeated use of emergency restraints
- serious medication errors
- serious physical injury
- suicide attempts
- use of unapproved restraints
- unplanned or emergency inpatient hospitalization and
- other incidents that pose a serious threat to the health and safety of the person.