The Home and Community Based Waiver (HCBS) 101
DHCF & DDS present useful facts about the DC Medicaid Home and Community-Based Waiver Program for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities:
- What is the HCBS Waiver?
- Overview of the §1915 (c) HCBS Waiver Authority
- Initial application is approved for 3 years
- Renewal applications are approved for 5 years
- How to acquire the HCBS Waiver?
- Waiver Design Can Be Flexible
- Waiver Rules – what cannot be done
- Waiver Administration & Operation
- Administrative Agency - DHCF
- Operating Agency - DDS/DDA
- Role of DHCF
- Role of DDS
- DDS Services in the Waiver