Any member of the person’s support team or the Rights and Advocacy Specialist (RAS) may request an urgent or emergency review of a BSP that includes a restrictive control or the use of psychotropic medication.
- Emergency reviews will take place within three business days of the request.
Upon request for emergency review, the RAS will facilitate an expedited RCRC review by:
- Coordinating a meeting or conference call with at least three (3) members of the RCRC within one business day;
- Ensuring each committee member has the opportunity to review the BSP and all supporting documentation; and
- Inviting the person and members of his or her support team to participate in the review; and
- After expedited review, the committee may approve, defer, or reject the plan. If approved, the approval will be valid until the next regularly scheduled RCRC meeting, unless there was quorum for the expedited meeting and evidence that the person was invited and offered support to attend, in which case the decision stands. The RAS will inform the person and his or her Support Team of the Committee’s decision by notifying the Service Coordinator or designee within one business day.