DDS Operating Status during COVID-19 Emergency
On March 11, 2020, Mayor Muriel Bowser declared both a state of emergency and a public health emergency, effective immediately, to provide additional coordination for the District’s response to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Our agency remains open and we continue to provide essential services. There are changes in how some services are provided. See below.
Intake Procedures for Vocational Rehabilitation Services – DC Residents with disabilities can file an on-line application for vocational rehabilitation services at https://tinyurl.com/ddsrsavr. We will schedule an intake appointment and advise them of next steps via telephone.
Disability Determination Division - Disability Determination staff will be teleworking and will communicate with people about pending eligibility determinations for SSI and SSDI via telephone and U.S. mail.
Intake Procedures for People with Intellectual Disabilities – DC Residents with disabilities wishing to apply for service coordination services from the Developmental Disabilities Administration should call 202-730-1700. The community liaison will reach out to them via telephone to begin the intake application process and schedule a later date to follow up for an in-person appointment.
The Community Participation Assessment and Questionnaire (CPAQ) consists of an evaluation of Situational and Home Related Risks, Health Risks, Community Preferences, and Community/Employment Supports questionnaires. The purpose of the assessment is to guide the development of a customized Community Participation Plan.
- Community Participation Assessment and Questionnaire [PDF]
- CPAQ Process Flowchart [PDF]
- CPAQ Questionnaire [PPTX]
- Evaluación y Cuestionario de Participación Comunitaria 06292020)
- Evaluación y Cuestionario de Participación Comunitaria (CPAQ).pptx)
- Derechos de las personas apoyadas por la DDA durante la emergencia por la COVID-19 8.3.20)
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected] or 202-442-8686. For the latest information on the District Government’s response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please visit coronavirus.dc.gov. More information below.
DDS COVID-19 Public Announcement of Service Changes
- Covid-19 ReOpen DC: Day Services Best Practice Guidance
- Rights of People Supported by DDA During COVID-19 Emergency
- Update Guidance Coming Soon
- DDS Guidance: For the latest and most up-to-date information
- DC Health Guidance
- DCHF Guidance
- Community and Provider Forums
The Government of the District of Columbia entered into Phase Two Reopening on June 22, 2020. For more details, including The Mayor’s Order and guidance for businesses.