Phase III Training shall be conducted by professionals or nationally accredited institutions with expertise in providing certification on the subject area. It is required annually and certifications should remain active in the following areas:
- CPR (in-person course)
- First Aid
- Universal precautions and infection control that meets the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements.
- Behavioral Intervention Procedures (e.g. Mandt, CPI, or Positive Behavior Strategies).
- OSHA requirements for people who may be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
- Fire and safety precautions.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) Training and guidelines to maintain confidentiality.
- Medication Administration (TME Certification)
- DDS Adaptive Equipment Maintenance Protocol
- Recognition of, prevention of and obligation to report abuse, neglect, exploitation and serious physical injury (per the DDS-approved Incident Management and Enforcement Unit manual).
For more information regarding Phase III, please refer to the new DDA Provider Training Procedure, or you may call (202) 730-1535 or email the DDS Training Institute at [email protected].